The Zauchensee World Cup venue is 1,350 meters above sea level, and guests can enjoy diversified winter sports in the very best of surroundings for modern winter sports. Wide, sunlit slopes, fast descents, steep slopes, and plenty of snow. From gently rolling slopes to steep downhill trails. Accomplished skiers can try out the FIS slopes and live out their fantasies of speed and powder in the deep snow.
Zauchensee is the highest ski resort in the Salzburg Sportwelt. It is a paradise for ski enthusiasts with plenty of snow always guaranteed. World Cup champions have proven that the Ski Amadé is a skier’s paradise. There are more than 70 kilometres of slopes for all levels. The Absolut Park and the Freeriding Terrain in Zauchensee, known far and wide, make the interconnected ski area of Zauchensee, Flachauwinkl, Kleinarl, known as the Skischaukel, the premier ski destination for families, skiers, freestylers and adventurers who like to go exploring beyond the slopes. And if you want even more, no problem. Your ski ticket will be valid throughout the Ski Amadé with its 760 kilometres of slopes. Unlimited skiing. Just for you!
Zauchensee at a glance
- Population: 52
- Altitude: 1350-2344 metres
- Guest beds: 1,446
- Highest World Cup venue in the Salzburg Sportwelt, with snow guaranteed.
- Ensconced in an imposing mountain panorama
- The best skiing there is
- From our 4-star hotel directly to the slopes.
- Modern seminar and convention centre
- Freeride Eldorado: 4 marked ski trails for freeriders and alternative skiers
- Ski and Snowboard Schools in Zauchensee: World champion Ski School Top Alpin Walchhofer, Children’s Ski School Balla
- Ski rental and ski service on-site in Zauchensee
No car needed for your holidays
Of course, in Zauchensee you can always go directly from the hotel to the slopes. Our 4-star Hotel Sportalm is in a prime location right on the slopes and provides the ideal entry point to the Salzburg Sportwelt and the Ski Amadé.
Ride the ski bus free of charge on your skiing holiday in Zauchensee
When you are on a skiing holiday in the ski paradise of Zauchensee you don’t need to worry about the trips to the ski lift because Hotel Sportalm is just a few steps away from the lifts. If you want to make a shopping trip in your off hours, Altenmarkt is just 10 kilometres away, and you can take the ski bus for free with your ski pass.