Zauchensee is famous as a winter paradise. The picturesque scenery is especially enchanting, and with an elevation of 1,350 metres above sea level, there is always snow. Our 4-star Hotel Sportalm is in a prime location directly on the ski slopes in the Ski Amadé region and is surrounded by the top ski areas of Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl.
We are widely known as a snow paradise, and for good reason. In Zauchensee, you will have the very best winter holiday at the highest ski resort in the Salzburg Sportwelt. Snow two metres deep in the mountains is not unusual, even in late spring.
For that special powder feeling on and off the ski slopes, during your winter holiday in Zauchensee there is much to do: there is fantastic snow from late November until late April for skiers, hikers and snowboarders. Cross-country skiing on well-kept trails and a breathtaking Alpine panorama. Explore snowy winter landscapes on snowshoes. Have a romantic time on a sleigh ride. Enjoy frolicsome tobogganing and curling for young and old.
Endless activities and attractions provide ample opportunities to become familiar with the glorious scenery. It will be an unforgettable winter experience.
Cross-country skiing in the Altenmarkt-Zauchensee region
Avid cross-country skiers and skating enthusiasts will get their money's worth on the well-kept skiing trails in the Salzburg Sportwelt. You will experience a cross-country paradise in a class by itself – because Altenmarkt-Zauchensee is famous as one of the top three cross-country areas in Austria. The 260 kilometres of continuous trail networking in the communities of Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Radstadt, Flachau, Wagrain, Eben and Filzmoos (Salzburg Sportwelt) will not disappoint you. Beginners and professionals will find just the right challenge on a winter holiday in Zauchensee.
- 63.2 kilometres long
- This trail connects six resorts in the Salzburg Sportwelt
- Access points at each point – entry into close proximity to the hotel possible or
- Take the ski bus to Altenmarkt, just 10 km away
- You can get off at stops along the ski trail
- Online rentals right in Zauchensee at Intersport Schneider
Sledding both day and night
You shouldn’t under any circumstances fail to take a fun toboggan ride on one of our toboggan runs, whether you choose a sunny winter day or a romantic night under the stars. Altenmarkt-Zauchensee has four tracks for great fun tobogganing off the ski slopes.
- Zauchensee: toboggan run mountain hut Sonnalm (3.1 kilometres long)
- Altenmarkt: toboggan run at Bifei’s Hochnoessler Hut (3.2 kilometres long), toboggan run and mountain inn at Winterbauer (2.2 kilometres long)
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, Hut festival with live music at the Hochnoessleralm
- Koenigslehen toboggan run in Radstadt: the longest toboggan run in the Salzburg region
- Free use of the runs
- Toboggan rentals at the huts and the lift stations
- Accessible on foot for exercise or take it easy by using the toboggan taxi
Warmly dressed and wrapped in fluffy blankets is what a romantic sleigh ride on two runners through the snowy winter scenery should be. The sleigh can accommodate up to 14 people. As you travel through Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, rustic huts and restaurants will invite you to stop by.
- Provider for sleigh rides in Altenmarkt
- Sleigh rides for large groups as well
- Days, evenings, and nights
- We will be happy to help you organise an excursion
Amadé Waterpark Adventure
With great attention to detail, individuality, and the best way to relax, the sauna at our fabulous Hotel Sportalm in Zauchensee, with all its amenities, will be a luxurious treat. Even without an indoor pool you will have an extraordinary experience. But after a pleasant day of skiing in the Salzburg region, if you want to swim a few laps, about 12 kilometres away is the Adventure Amadé Spa, with 7 different swimming pools and a spacious sauna area for the very best swimming, pure relaxation, and marvellous spa services.
The diversified bathing and sauna scenery will thrill you with saltwater relaxation pools, wave and sports pools, exciting slides, unique sauna infusions and soothing massages.
- Bathing, relaxation and adventure covering 30,000 square metres
- Open 365 days a year (9:00 a.m. till 10:00 or 11:00 p.m.)
- 7 pools and 3 slides
- 5 different themed-related saunas with a diversified infusion program
- 23% discount with the Salzburg Sportwelt guest card
- A wealth of events
- A variety of Ayurvedic massages, Mon-Sun from 11:00 a.m. till 9:00 p.m.
- Diverse plans and services